Monday, March 2, 2009

Discipline

I am working hard to learn new ways to approach discipline with the kids. Wyatt is so different then Adi... K bought me Heartfelt Discipline, and I am hopeful that it will help in my little problem that I have been having lately. I was so confident with Wyatt (I think it helped that both of my sisters were dealing with the children that they nannied at the time and I got tips from them all the time.) and now with Adi it is so different. I hate to think that my daughter is naughty. I feel bad even saying it, but I have a problem with her right now (terrible twos!)... and Wyatt is unfortnatly reverting back to behaviors that he never really exhibited at her age. (so weird right?). So... it is a very trying time right now. I am enjoying it nonetheless. I try and just celebrate this time of life, and how truly blessed I am! I picked up some books, too from the library today (Supernanny! :)) and am working hard to stick to my guns. I am having trouble disciphering with her what my "guns" are right now. Adalai has set a standard that Wyatt never did that I need to learn to work with. She is a beautiful child. Precious heart. I am just baffled at the difference between them! :)
Anyhow, I am working hard on this... and will continue to work hard at it, I think. These kids sure do keep me on my toes! How amazing they are!

Lord,

Thank you for the uniqueness that I recognize on a daily basis with my kids. I am so thankful that they have, at least for the time being, found a best friend in each other. God, I ask for your guidance now, in this trial, in my mothering and that my children can sense You in the decisions that are made. God I pray for your touch during this time, and have faith that you will guide my steps. Thank you, Father for the blessing you have given me in these two. I think it is awesome that You have a sense of humor... please, God help me to guide them. Thank you, God for my family.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

0 comments: