Sunday, June 3, 2007

My Family By Dad

Well last night sara and I went to a wedding, it was quite fun and we got to dance to one of are favorite songs. But I relized standing in the back with my beutiful wife how much I missed are children. As the music got more fun and the oldies started crankin out I pictured my son laughin and jumpin doin the twist. I wished for the chance to dance with my daughter sleeping in my arms. God has blessed us with are children, how far am I willing to go to bless him back?
We didnt get a chance to eat at the reception due to seating which was good for me becouse I took the woman of my heart to pizza hut were we enjoyed are wings. I began thinking about the fact that are friends(that were now married) had a house already and two other friends of ares had just bought houses. I started feeling misty inside thinking I have not provided these things for my wife. I know her dreams as a girl were probably were to marry and have chillins and a house with a wrap around porch and yet every day somebody (including myself) pushes her down. She is a gift fragile, graceful and sweet. She has given up those dreams for a sputz like me. Believing that God is simply there for us. I envy her strength and endurance. There is Christ in the face of my family not led by me but by Gods thundering velvet hand(dan fogelberg). Praise God.

2 comments:

andy stenz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andy stenz said...

sorry, the first post was blank...

i don't know what a "sputz" is, yet i'm thinking it's not a positive word ;-)

Praise God indeed for the work He is doing, has done, and will do in the life of the Gedde family!

when we follow God and leave whatever ideas behind that we had when we were younger, the blessing is always so much more than we could have expected.

ben, you are one of the most loving and caring fathers and husbands i know. i kid you not when i say that there are times that i stive to follow you as you follow Christ.

just wanted to share that...