Friday, March 14, 2008

Lactose Intolerant???? Thanks, Grandma! ;)

We were out with my Little Grandma yesterday shopping for decorations at the dollar store, when Wyatt says "Mommy my bum hurts" (yes we call it bum instead of "butt", "tushy" or whatever else people call the bum), and then he screamed and screamed (I am happy to say that this is actually the first time that one of my children have actually drawn that type of attention to us) oh my gosh he was in awful pain, scrunching his legs up to his belly. I couldn't even hold him normal because he was like clenching his legs together... so, we hurried little Grandma along, and left the store and raced home... Made an appt w/ Ben's old pediatrician who is super nice... and with an evaluation, and questions about family history, pointed to it being either Celia disease (which my sis-in-law has), or lactose intolerance (which Big Grams has/and Kir-well kind of). So, we were advised to try and use lactose free milk. Makes sence since he had trouble digesting breast milk, and drank only soy formula during infancy... hello, momma, I should have noticed! Anyhow, he is really liking the Soy milk... praise God, since the woman who checked us out at the Pig said, as she scans the bottle of Organic Soy Milk, "This stuff sucks!" ;0) Oh my gosh. Anyhow, he is drinking it fine, no complaints (because I did try it and it sure does suck!) so hopefully this is the end of the actually ongoing "Mom my bum hurts" (It was uncommon for the occurance yesterday that happened, he usually says "my bum hurts" and that is it--yesterday he freaked!)... So, we'll see if that solves the little belly achin problem~
So far no Bum complaints today!

0 comments: