Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gentleness can do what force fails to do

We have been faced with some challenging things lately...

I was reading a blog, that my friend K just introduced me to (thanks, buddy!) and have come to the realization that there is nothing that I can do about some things... I just need to let God work. And follow His guidance, not mine. Some people don't understand that, and I can completely understand. Sometimes I don't like what God is putting on my heart at all! I guess I realized these things a long time ago... but it has really been on my heart lately.

Gentleness can do what force fails to do. This was taken from that blog... I love this saying. I need to work on putting it into work. I want to help mold my children... I just don't want to become overwhelmed with life to the point that I lose sight w/ what God chose me to do when he gave me these children... I want to focus on their growth and learning... and discipline kindly, but help them to understand that I discipline because I love them. I want to be grateful for EVERY moment. Instead of find the faults. I pray that God helps me to slow down my fast thoughts and anxieties and helps me to appreciate the here and the now... because I don't know how long my situation in this place will last. Who does know their circumstance? Well I guess only God right?
I think about stuff like this alot, especially now. I just need to love... to be grateful and patient...

0 comments: