Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bible Study today. Simple.

I had a wonderful time at Bible study today. It is such a blessing to get to know people, and be able to learn more about God. We are studying Acts, and it reminded me of the time when the journey was starting up. We were really striving to have that type of living, like in Acts 2. I really pray that our church works to adopt that type of lifestyle. I worry that we have moved more toward the "standardized" way, like it must be this way to qualify as something that our church finds acceptable or something. I am confused by this change, but am learning more and more that church isn't about the building. That we had church today in our small group.
I am so thankful for the ladies that I can share with. We stopped at the bakery today and had the most delicious bread (flax seed organic, and cranberry walnut) and it is just perfect.
Talked about the fact that the BIC came from a very simplistic background, and for me, that is how I want to try and live... more simple. (also because we have outgrown this place so long ago!)

I went thrifting the other day... and should take some pics of the stuff I found. I think that it is lovely to go and find something that you want/need and have it be second hand. Now, our family is working on getting rid of extras that we have the people might be able to use (Ben contributed two coats, the kids are helping clean through toys, and I have been trying to purge other things from our place--simple :))

Anyhow, it is time for the children to lay for their nap now. I need to start next weeks lesson for perspectives, and look into what I am going to do for my Integrative project, because Perspectives is almost at it's end!

Peace

1 comments:

Vicki said...

Sara, I love this comment!...
..."but am learning more and more that church isn't about the building. That we had church today in our small group..."

Amen & amen! I also love the comments you made about simple living. :)