Sunday, March 22, 2009

Conference

We went to regional conference for our congregation this weekend, and it was so much fun~ We got to ride with my father in law (step), (new) head pastor, and another couple from the congregation, and the time was truly a blessing. It was hilarious too! We all joked around and enjoyed the time. I got to see Michael and Elizabeth (and Christopher and Jacob) and really enjoyed the time with them. I wish we could have stayed longer of course, but am thankful for the time with them nonetheless.
i talked to a couple friends at church today and am considering re-joining the worship team. I love to sing, and it is one way that I really like to praise God. I am terrified to be in front of people. Like seriously to the point of extreme nausea and numbness of my fingers and toes! Not good! My friend Christy mentioned maybe for a good way to ease back into it to maybe put me in the sound booth. That way, no one would be able to see me singing, but could hear my voice. SO love that idea. I know that the singing part is not what I am most uncomfortable with, it is the spotlights, but the pastor's wife said, that maybe we could have the spotlights off for the first couple times until I am used to it a bit more. Good idea times 2~ So looking forward to it. I am hoping the worship team will have me back though. I feel so silly complaining about things like that, because no one else seems to struggle with that. We'll see what happens.
Today we are home, and I am working on getting my homework finished so I can go thrifting tomorrow! YAY~
For now, I am off to take the kids outside! :)

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh my gosh, Sara!! I can TOTALLY relate to the spot light thing! Every time I'm up front, I freak out about those GLEAMING BRIGHT lights! We could land airplanes with those things!

Your blog reminded me of a story I read (a loooong time ago) about Amy Grant. When she first started recording her albums, she couldn't sing with the lights on. They put her in the sound booth, turned out all the lights, and she sang like a bird - in the pitch black! (I'm pretty sure I read this story in a book/biography on Amy Grant that's in our church library. You should check it out!)

If Amy Grant can do it, so can Sara Gedde!! :)

Gedde Adventures said...

thanks Vicki for your encouragement and words today. You are too sweet. I appreciate it!