Tuesday, March 31, 2009

....our decision....

Ben's job has been worrisome to us for awhile. When Ben started working at Sullivan, he told the boss's that he wasn't planning to say any longer then 3 years. It hasn't been three years, but we were faced with a decision recently with his job. He has been laid off (and paid vacation) once already and called back, but the manager approached him last week and asked about his commitment (because he knows he wants to enter into ministry and such), and he was honest and said that he isn't going to make working there a career.
Our friends Adam and Kelly are coming in May for a much needed visit. We have decided that living on unemployment in our current situation would never work. We just simply can't afford to stay where we are. Our plans are to pack our apartment, and follow our friends home (to PA) for a visit.
We're going to store our belongings. I am so happy for this decision as a whole. Looking very forward to spending time gaining a new perspective.
I am very thankful for people understanding in this. I decided to not blog on this until now, because we of course wanted to share w/ our families first. I am so thankful because my sister called me today and we are making plans for a visit so she can come stay in PA, and we can visit NYC!
If you could, please pray for us in this time of change, it has had it challenges already, but will take endurance to push through packing/organizing/cleaning in the next month to make a smooth transition for us.
Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow Sara...I knew this was a possibility, but it still comes as as a bit of a shock. It's bittersweet...I'm so very happy for you, but sad too. I'm mostly glad to hear that you are feeling at peace with it. I know the Lord is going to use you and Ben in beautiful, mighty ways. It's been such a privilege to watch Him work in your lives.

You will be missed! Huge!! And I hope you will always consider NV family/home.

Hugs,
Vicki

Kelly Hess said...

I'm glad PA will have you for a bit :o) You'll have to let me know when Kira comes to visit...I would love to see her.