Saturday, April 18, 2009

Delicious slushies!

I am seriously sad that I haven't taken any pics of my beautiful kids this last couple days. Yesterday especially. We had a wonderful day. I have had a couple hard days (with the exception of the time that Rachel, Nancy and I spent out. That was an answer to prayer!) so yesterday was much needed. I still got stuff done, just didn't let myself feel such pressure and stress. We packed up about 5 boxes (so that Daddy is happy when he gets home from his brothers), and cleaned up in the kids room. I arranged the living room so it isn't such a catastrophe. I really want to pack in a strategic fashion that doesn't cause even more stress to trip over items that are in the middle of our living room. It is going to drive me nutso (or as little Gram says it "Drive you to drink!") So, my sister rescued me and we went out for the afternoon to shop a bit. The only thing that I actually bought was some food and some Auntie Annies. Made me think of my sweet Kelly. She loves those good ole pretzels!
Today we are going to spend the morning playing and cleaning again. And then at naptime, I am working on homework. I swear I have to get that done so I can finish my final paper. YIKES! 5 pages isn't too bad..... is it???
Oh and the yummies popsicles were made yesterday..... by me...
Here is the delicious recipe:

Package of Kool-aid (w/o sugar added)
Package of Jello
1 C sugar
2 C boiling water
2 C cold water.
Dissolve jello, koolaid, sugar in boiling water, and then add cold water.
Then put in little cups with sticks. Or do what I did and put it all in a cake pan in the freezer and stir it a little bit each like half hour and it make delicious slushie! (I actually prefer this way because we did it as popicles, and the kids faces were dyed red for hours. (and Hannah was all red! She had it dripped all down her shirt and her arm... Sorry Tracy! :))

0 comments: