Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ps 5:3

Eventhough I am ever so busy lately, I decided to take a break to do my nails. Right when I was working on that the mood struck me to post a blog about our Bible study on Monday night.
Amanda chose Psalm 5.
"In the morning Oh Lord you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation" Ps5:3

I told the group that I have been working hard to show gratitude to God in the morning for what I am so very humbled by and thankful for. Today I missed that opportunity, so I am going to take it out.

Lord Jesus,

I am so thankful for this day. I am thankful for the beauty that I see when I look out the patio door that I have looked out for the past 6 years. I feel greatful for the wonderful children and I am so priveleged to have. I thank you for the way that you are making things work out for us. I am in awe. God I pray that you help me to remember my gratitude, when times are hard. I am worried about saying goodbye to my family and friends when we leave for our adventure. I remember, though, that YOU are calling us there, and so with that said, nothing else matters. I am learning to use prayer and thankfulness as a way to get over my fear and anxiety, when I take time to remember that You are there for me. Thank you God for all of the things that are surrounding me today. Thank you for my family and for teaching me Love more and more each day. Thank you father.
In Jesus name.

There are so many things that make me smile today. I read in a magazine article awhile back that it is a good idea to keep a journal next to your bed if you are having trouble sleeping, and write down things that are on your mind. I find that when I do that and I write out positive things, that it helps me focus on the positive instead of the negative. I was really blessed that Amanda chose this psalm. Our friends M&K came and we had a great time studying the word, and getting to know each other a little more (and we talked about you, Em! ;)) and K, the shyest guy I have ever known, has decided to chose the next psalm. I am so thankful how God works w/ people, and through them!
Have a wonderful and smiley day.

0 comments: