Friday, May 11, 2007

My Awesome Pair of Birks!

This weekend is going to be a blast~! I am really looking forward to it in some ways, but then again in others I am really sad! My husband and I are spending a special weekend w/ our bestest buds Adam and Kelly. Adam and Ben are going camping to, as my husband calls it "the mighy missisip" and Kelly and I are going to stay behind and work on packing them. They are movin in like two weeks back to PA. Ugh that is a whole different story that I will talk about later. Anyhow, we are going to pack and hopefully go out to eat at one point or another or a movie or something. We get both the kiddos though so it will kind of limit what we do. I am really looking forward to a girls weekend before they leave.
Ohh and Sunday is Mother's Day! How fun! I think I am going to bake some cupcakes for my mom. I love Mother's Day!
I got my itinerary for the London outreach and I am getting so excited! I talked to my mother-in-law on the phone yesterday and told her that I really wanted to get some Birkinstocks for the trip. So, later while we are at the park, she calls me and says "How good is the Lord?" I was like "Amazing, Why?" She said, "Papa and I were out on a bike ride and found a rummage sale. We were looking around and all of a sudden I see a pair of Birkinstocks, and Sara, if they have been worn twice, I would be suprised. So, I tried them on, with socks on, and wahoo! they fit! Then, I took them home and walked around in them and I swear, they grew as I walked! And then they started to kind of hurt because they were too big for me. Oh and the funny thing is too, that Papa only had $1 so, we told the lady that, and she sold them to us for $1. Where are you? I want you to try them on!" So, she came out to the park, and they fit me! I was soooo excited! How amazing!
Anyhow, that is my story of the day. I should probably get ready because Em and Kira are coming over.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Peace, Sara

1 comments:

M,K,E,N said...

What a cute story! But more importantly, I love how God loves to bless us with these "little" details to show how much he cares for you personally, and intimately. That is so cool! I know you have been wanting a pair. What ones are they? Yay God! Can't wait to see you and Adi in London!