Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"The Book of God"

I just finished reading "The Book of God" it is the Bible written as a novel. Huge book! It has like 635 pages, but was really good! It helped me to understand some of the timeline things in the Bible that I couldn't understand before. I had to keep reminding myself that it was he Bible from Walter Wangerin's perspective, but it did help me to understand quite a bit more about the Bible that I didn't understand before. I just read about Jesus death and resurrection... oh man... Anyhow, Ben told me that he would pick the next book I read, so I am not sure what I will be starting today! I would most definetly say that it is a great idea to read "The Book of God" but remember that it is from this authors perspective on what could have happened... If you are having trouble understanding some of the stories and stuff like that though, most definetly give it a try!
I am bummed about the weather today... We are supposed to get an ice storm, and it has put the brakes on the plans for today. I was supposed to go to Mayfair w/ a friend for Christmas shopping (and to get my bracelet fixed, and the ipod fixed) so that aint happenin... BuMmEr! I am hoping to get outside though hopefully with Wyatt when Ada lays down for her morning nap to at least get some fresh air for awhile and take a walk!
Have a good day, and stay safe in this craziness!
Peace

1 comments:

andy stenz said...

Awesome job getting through that whole book. It is huge!