Monday, December 8, 2008

YesterdaY

Our new head pastor at New Vision was installed yesterday and our bischop came to preach and lead the ceremony. Ben and I were incredibly touched by the sermon. Thought it was SO wonderful because it spoke to what is on our hearts right now. Discerning God's will in our lives has been a total challenge up to this point. He gave some basic guidelines on how you can confirm God's will...
1. Persistence in Seeking God's will in your life.
2. Multiple voices speaking in that area of your life (for me? A little convo w/ my friend Shelly at the mall is one of the multiples :))
3. Developing Conviction.

His passage was out of Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," delcares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (v.13) "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

I am on a plan to get the whole Bible read, and have made quite a bit of progress, but I haven't read Jeremiah yet. These words just spoke to our lives so much that Ben and I had a good chuckle to each other during the service (excuse us please people that sit around us ;)). We still haven't got a total grasp on what God wants for us, but certainly have more of something to look forward to! :) And conversations to be had!

We had plans to hang out w/ our pals Christy and Brad tonight, but tt my bud and she and I decided to do it tomorrow night instead because I feel so terrible to have Ben walking to work in this messy weather (although he seriously insists that he loves the walk late at night and thinks it is beautiful!). I am excited because we are doing supper tomorrow instead and then I am attending the leadership class that she is teaching! I am thrilled for that, and totally thankful for the night in, since it is like raining and snowing at the same time here right now!


0 comments: