Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Geddeburger" aka Gettysburg

We had a wonderful day yesterday. Ben came home from his interview (we are waiting to hear back from them) and we were both kind of frustrated. Have I mentioned that we are smack dab in the middle of the terrible twos with our daughter? Ha. Yeah. So, we decided to pack up the Jeep and head to Gettysburg.
Wyatt: "Daddy, where are we going?"
Ben: "To Gettysburg"
Wyatt:"Gedde(hehe get it?) burger?"
Ben: Hee heee whooo ha ha ha snicker snicker
Me: Wyatt James Geddeburger. Hee hee ha whoooo hahaha
It was so funny, and then as we stopped at the visitor center in Gettysburg, we had to walk this path, and the workers there are all dressed in the hats and the button down jackets and Wy said to Ben "cowboys". Well I didn't hear Wyatt say that and all of a sudden Adi pipes up, "Look Mama, Cowboys!" Everytime one of these workers left and passed us on their way to the car to leave for the day, Adi would yell "Hi Cowboy!" Oh my gosh it was so hilarious. Then this one man dressed in civilian clothes (not cowboys ;)) she said, "Hi" and she looked at me and said "Seatbelt" ... Yep she thinks that a belt around the waist is a seatbelt. These kids keep us going all day with the giggles. It was hilarious. (pics to come soon)

We walked and had malts in what was the oldest malt shop in Gettysburg. Had a nice ride home.

Today we shopped a bit and hung out and then I finished my book. Jodi Piccoult "The Pact" pretty darn stinkin' good. And pretty much the first time I have read a book that was almost 400 pages in like 4 days or something like that. Wow.

Tonight we have small group with James, Leigh, and Adam and Kelly. I am going to sleep over at The Stoaks so I can volunteer at Paxton again tomorrow. Wooohooo. Then, next week... We are going to Canada! Well, me and Adi and Kel are. The boys have yet to get their passports. Anyhow, we are going to Ontario to visit Kels family. Can't wait!

0 comments: