Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We are having fun in PA. It is an absolute blast, however I am getting a bit homesick. We have fun on a daily basis. The place we live is wonderful and the people we live with even more so. I am still homesick.

The kids love to play with Abbey and Sophie. I love my time with Kelly, and I am getting to know Nichole and really appreicate the new relationships I am getting during this time.

I would have really liked to have gone to the movies with Grams, Kir, and Mom yesterday. Miss them.

Anyhow. I am pressing on with my MDP papers and reading. I am thankful to say that I finished "Scaling the Wall" last night and submitted my paper already. So, that is good. I am also half way through a devotional that has been assigned to me, and I am really liking the progress I am making.

I am reading a book called "The Pact". Both my sisters like Jodi Piccoult. Em got Kir to read "My sisters keeper" and now she just finished the book I am reading last weekend. I have been wanting to read a book along with someone just to enjoy reading it and discuss, so since Kir really liked it, I picked it up. I am actually about 150 pages into it already. I am happy that I am able to delegate my responsibility with the MDP reading and fun reading. I am pretty much allowing myself only to do my "for fun" reading during the night and my "serious" reading all through the morning and day.

We are going to have a good day. I am sure of that, but I am allowing myself to be mildly sad because I would love to see my friends and family.

1 comments:

The Wilcox Family said...

We miss you guys too! Let me know what you think of the Pact....The new movie for Sisters Keeper is coming out the 26th of June ( babies due date :) ) I hope to go! :) Question: Do you still have the breast pump from Anne or did you give it back to her? I dont have one yet and was thinking about asking her for it but couldnt remember if you still had hers...also do you have Allies old bouncer? Lwet me know asap please:)
Thanks!
Love you all
Emily