Friday, November 23, 2007

Poor little girl, Adalai!

Thanksgiving was great yesterday, except for the baby being really sick! We got kind of worried about her when she wouldn't really move around at all. I called nurse online from my Mom's house because she had yet another fever, so, since the fever wasn't leaving, I figured there was something up. The nurse on the phone said that the lethargy is something to be concerned about, so she sent us to Urgent Care in Mukwonago. I felt really bad getting there 5 minutes before they close on a holiday, but truthfully, it was great because there were no other patients, and it was literally the fastest I have ever spent at a doctor/ER since there were chest x-rays and everything! Anyhow, Daddy had to step up and do the job of staying in the room when they did her chest x-ray because I had to do it with Wyatt and it utterly freaked me out. Anyhow, they saw what could be pnemonia on her x-ray and an ear infection. Oh dear. So they gave her a shot of antibiotics that is supposedly help for all of the infection she is fighting off right now. 20 minutes later I had my normal little girl back! It was amazing! That medicine helped us to enjoy the rest of our holiday and she was able to be comfortable. It was such a blessing. Now we need to take her to her pediatrician today to see what else we need to do to help her since the "miracle" shot was only effective for 24 hours! So anyhow, I am praising God for the medicine and the wonderful holiday we had. We spent time with my family, eating lots! And watched a movie together (well Kir and I actually played "Yatzee" and "Friends Scene It"! --so much fun!)... and then we went and saw Bens moms side of the family! It was a wonderful holiday dispite the sick babe... It is really great that she is feeling so much better. She slept for a good solid few hours straight last night, so that was much a blessing to me!
Hope your holiday was grand!
Peace

0 comments: