Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ada is a crawler! Wy has attitude!

My sister in law got engaged on Monday. Which is pretty cool, it was their ten year dating anniversary, so that is really special. It has gotten me thinking about my wedding ... Awww tear!
Yesterday we did laundry all day at Grams and got to hang out w/ Kir for awhile and stuff. Grams roof is leaking REALLY bad from the Ice Daming, I was really suprised... her whole celing is yellow in one corner, and it is leaking all down the wall! Oh dear, well as I sit and type at our computer I can hear "drip.....drip.....drip...." and notice that now our patio door is leaking! Yowza! D'Oh!
Our landlady is planning to replace the carpet in our apartment. I am excited about it because it will probably make our place look a bit better I would think. Anyhow, she plans to replace first the kids room, which is really great! We are planning to get the big bed out of there since Wy doesn't sleep in it, so we have extra playspace. We are going to hopefully find a crib (if you know anyone that has an extra crib, please let me know!) and that will really clean up and free up space in the kids room. So, this afternoon we are seeing my L Grams, and we are planning to go to St Vincent DePaul and look for a crib for Wyatt. We also have our last potluck with the journey peops so that is really great. Wyatt is dying to play with Ashley (or I am sure he wants to play w/ someone that is not me, and that is little like him!) so we are going to go to our friends house for that.
I was talking to my Grandma last night about Wy's attitude lately, and she really helped me feel better. He has had attitude w/ me lately and said some naughty stuff. He pays his time in time out whenever he does that, but sometimes the way that he acts catches me off guard. I tend to feel like I have done something wrong, instead of taking it for what it probably is, which is probably just crankiness, or being a 2 year old! Anyhow, she has made me realize that he is probably feeling a little cooped up. We are out a lot, but never to just play or anything anymore since it has been so cold. Since it is almost 30 degrees today, I am planning to take Wyatt for a walk and get Max and Wy out to play in the snow for awhile, and see if that improves things.
Well that is my story for today I guess. Over the weekend we have recruited big Grams to watch the kids on Saturday while Ben and I go shopping for the kids (I really look forward to shopping time with my husband w/o our kids actually). Then Sunday I may end up going to my parents w/ the kids for the Packers vs Bears game, and then Monday is Christmas Eve! Woohoooo! We finally decided what the plan is for our time so that really helps me to feel less stressed about the whole thing!
Anyhow, if I don't get a chance to blog, again have a wonderful HOLIDAy
Oh yeah did I mention that Adalai is officially CRAWLING all over this place???? OH my gosh! Kir taught her how last week Sunday, and she is getting way more confident and FAST as the days go on (has a big bruiser on her noggin to prove that!)... anyhow, it is really fun, but I am going to be on my hands and knees later trying to childproof again!

2 comments:

The Wilcox Family said...

Wow I cant believe Little Ada is crawling around now and i wouldnt be surprised if walking came soon after!!!!! Cant wait to see you!!! LOve and miss you!
Emily

Unknown said...

i was starting to think wyatt didn't like me...cause of grams house yesterday...until today when he called me :) it made my day...and the kids too...cause they could hear him...and they miss him...love you guys