Monday, December 17, 2007

The Journey Closes

This time of bloggin could get a little long because we have had quite a bit go on since I was able to write last.

The journey group came to a consensus last Thursday that it is going to close. I am not actually sure how I feel about this, however have come to realize that it doesn't really matter because I can't change anything that has happened or the decision that was made. I actually don't know which way I would have voted had I think that the consensus spoke, meaning that the Lord willed it to be that way. I am happy to have learned quite a few things about this whole situation. I learned more about the head pastor's character, which was much needed for me. I have learned a lot about the people in our groups character and the fact that you have to be really discerning because you may not be able to take someone for face value, even when they are brothers and sisters in Christ. I am shocked to find out some of the things that have been brought about in this whole situation, but in the midst of this all, I was able to go to London and learn more about my relationship with God. I am so thankful for that! I have come to understand now too how I kind of feel about church, and thought that I kind of was doing a missionary type job in our local area, but I guess not. I am saddened because my sister was able to make relationship with our (now resigned) pastor and family, and our church family (the journey's) and now doesn't feel like she has a place in the church anymore. Ugh that is really awful for me... I loved to be able to have a little bit of a close-knit situation with the people in the journey which is what we were really striving for, but have learned a bit now about using the time that I used to devote to the journey with my own time with God or in reading the Bible. We have started a new Bible study with a couple from the old journey group, and I am really excited about that in learning more about them (we have actually known them for years!) but hoping to kind of find more relationships w/ people that maybe don't know God well or don't know the Bible. So we are trying to still reach out to people through our small group, which is really exciting to me. We are also able to start speaking to our friends again, and that is wonderful! Wahoooo for playdates w/ Christopher!
Anyhow, that is all I guess I have to say on the journey stuff for now. I am sure that I feel something else about it, but not sure what that is, and if it is going to be good to talk about or what. I am still a little confused on the issue. It was great to go to New Vision yesterday and hear my Papa speak on Christ in Christmas, and he kind of put a few things into perspective for the actual time of birth of Christ and stuff... he kind of made me think about the people around today (including myself) who get all stressed about Christmas and gifts and stuff... but looking at Mary and Josephs situation on Christmas Eve and stuff... oh geezzz talk about stress!
Anyhow, speaking of... we are almost ready for Christmas, I mean it is going to obviously creep up on us since it is a week from tomorrow (!!!!!!!!!) which I am really excited about... but we still have quite a few things to pull together. But we are really really excited!
Anyhow, I guess I will stop blabbbin now...
Peace to all!
Oh we have a pretty busy week this week, including doc appts, and laundry day and babysitting and whatnot, so I am not sure how often I will be able to blog, but have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Peace be to you all!

0 comments: