Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Heart doc appt

My appointment was this afternoon to have my heart issue looked at. The doc ordered an EKG (shocker... had a feeling that would happen) and also for me to be on a holter monitor for 48 hours. He ordered a blood panel to check thyroid, and also blood glucose levels at that point in the day (diabetes runs in the famliy-L Gram is insulin dependant, and Kir has hypoglycemia). I had them check that for me because I have been feeling sick if I get too hungry and little things like that. When I told Wyatt last night that I was going to the doctor, I asked him, "If mommy gets a little scared, will you hold my hand?" he said "Yep, Wyatt will rescue Mommy"... it was precious. Oh my gosh... Anyhow, onto the more frustrating part of the story. They ordered that monitor, and they didn't have one at the Hartland clinic, thus sending me to Oconomowoc to pick one up. We hurried over there... and they didn't have any. The lady at the Lab asked me if they explained that I needed an appointment to pick up and get hooked up to this monitor... Ummm hello??? No! She told me to come right over to pick one up! Oh well... I left feeling really sad, like cry sad, so my sweet dear husband drove through Culvers and got me a Chocolate malt. How wonderful!
The Jeep went to the doctor today, and the wonderful people at Auto Connectionz, are fixing her right up. I got the Jeep back this afternoon while we wait for parts for the CD player replacement (!!!), and for the motor for the sunroof. It was nice to have a little loaner car of theirs to use today while we had to do all the running... (since my little Jeep gets awful gas mileage, and at $3.55/gallon...grrr)

0 comments: