Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Potty Training!

I just finished reading a good potty training book, and I have been working hard with both kids to carry out what the author of the book recommends for successful potty training. It is totally working! I have been lucky enough to get to know a person who strives to be a "natural mommy" and she owns her own business... she has been really gracious and sent me a trial package of cloth diapers. Not sure yet if they are for me, but she asked that I give it awhile more to try them out... Here is her website to check out http://rgnaturalbabies.com/. Anyhow, I am thinking of stocking up on undies for both kids and undie covers for while we play outside because accidents are bound to happen. For Adalai's first birthday, my Father in law, bought my kids a time out bear. He is super cute, he has an egg timer in his tummy... anyhow, instead of using him for time outs (which we have plenty of around here ;)) we set his tummy to ding when it is time to sit on the potty. (Thanks Em for that suggestion! Worked wonders!) And they were both dry in undies for at least three or so hours. I was so proud of them. So there is a chance that instead of wearing cloth diapers, or diapers at all, that we are going to just use undies instead! Hopefully at least. I do want to do the "green" thing tho, so if I decide to stick to using disposables for nap, while we are away from home, and bedtimes, I am going to try and be disciplined in buying the eco diapers from Target... and organic or eco friendly wipes also. I know, I am kind of a nerd when it comes to stuff like this, but it is important for me to try and do my part to keep this world as clean that is in my power, as it can be for the sake of my children and grandchildren to come... Anyhow, that is my story with the kids for now. We are working on potty training, OH and taking Adalai off the pacifier because seriously if the girl can be potty training, she needs to give up the paci. She is kind of stubborn tho, she refused to take a nap yesterday because she didn't have that thing in her mouth! Now that she is getting top teeth, she needs to give it up. So, we are taking it from her at naptime first, and then bedtime after a couple days. We are going to stick to a stuffed animal that she can have instead.
Anyhow, other then that, we are busy this week, but it is the good busy. We are seeing my friend Jenny for breakfast, visiting with Grams, and Bible study and park... so that is all fun stuff, and my S-I-L's bridal shower is this weekend which will be a good time!
Well for now I should go because it is gloomy out and I want to get the kids outside for a walk before the rain starts. Have a blessed day!

0 comments: