Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Watch the video below....

I am convicted over how humans take care of the earth, myself included.
Here are some things I am trying to do to better my "green" way of life
~I drink out of my Camelbak bottle and drink water filered with my lovely Brita.
~ I am also working on getting all of our cardboard/paper to a proper recycling receptical, as our apartment doesn't have that (so I ask the landlady to take it w/ her to dispose of it appropriately! :))
~There are things that I am working to do regardless of how small (using bar soap instead of bottled face soap to spare the plastic and you really seem to get more out of it in the end anyhow Yay for Mary Kay!~ Which probably isn't green, but I try my best).
~I clean all w/ Green products, vinegar, and baking soda
so that is a step up.
~We have been taking advantage of shopping at Aldi's a bit latley, and there you need to bring your bags in, otherwise buy new ones (paper or plastic) so I have gotten more diligent with making sure to take my reuseable bags with everywhere! Yay! And most places give a slight discount for bringing in your reuseables! ($.05 per bag at Pick N Save...not really too sure of where else they do it)
~When we use the ATM (which has been frequent latley) I choose to not get a receipt

Anyhow, Watch the video below... pretty eye opening
I am super sick still so going to bed now ;0P

0 comments: