Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday 5/17/09

Things are wonderful with us. We are doing awesome. Had fun goofin around with Kelly and Donna yesterday. Check out my facebook to see some silly pics! :) Anyhow, we had supper and baked a cake together just like the good ole journey days. Such a blast! This morning we got up and are going to visit a new church. Harrisburg BIC. Then we are off to Nichole and Chris's for Soph's party (she turned three last week). Should be another lovely day. We are truely enjoying our time in PA. Got our checking account opened here and stuff like that. Had to call yesterday because we are having trouble with our laptop. Apparently it needs a complete system recovery. Bum deal dude. The technician that helped me over the phone was really sweet, which made the whole computer troubleshooting time pleasant! :)
Working also on "To Walk and Not Grow Weary". Ben and I spent some time after the kids went to bed reading through the book of Jonah. This devotional study guide will assist me in completing the counseling session of the MDP. Such fun and great learning. Ben and I read the whole book of Jonah out loud and then talked about what we read. Our own little Bible study. The study guide answers questions about the emotions felt in the chapter that it tells you to read. I never understood until reading about Moses what a whiner he was. I would be too if all the people were complaining to me! ;) And Jonah felt frightened by the thought of preaching to Ninevah some pretty scary news to he ran from God, as if you can run from God! Anyways thanks to JoAnn for having me use this tool to get through the counseling section.
Anyhow, off to church we go. Today it is sort of overcast, but I think it will end up being a sunny afternoon!

1 comments:

M,K,E,N said...

Its so good to hear about your journey. I totally feel like we have switched places. You are where we were at a few years ago, optimistic about everything, in a new place, in the MDP, growing in God. Now we are here, working on getting by, trying to adjust to American life. Craziness. I mean, I know you're in America, but its still a new place and so far from me! Love you and so proud of you Geddes.