Monday, March 31, 2008

What a HUGE coincidence...


Ben and Adam decided to go with our other friend Jesse to a comic book store in Oconomowoc. The main street there is a total mess because they are putting in a roundabout (don't know why, but oh well...) so they were forced to take a detour. While they were driving, they passed a woman that was walking her dog. Ben explained to me while telling the story, that she looked like she was having a hard time walking him... so Ben decided to pull over and see if he could help. As he got close to the dog, he thought he looked a tad bit familiar... to come to find out that it was our dog! Not Max... but Jack!

When we had Adalai, we came to the conclusion, after careful consideration, that it would be a good idea to give our two big pooches up for adoption because of the space issue w/ our two bedroom apartment... So, it was a very tearful goodbye as we said goodbye to our two dogs that we had had for years. Ben took them to the humane society, and said goodbye... We kept close contact with the woman that handled the adoption to make sure that they found good families. Max didn't have an easy time. He wouldn't cooperate w/ their trainers, and they deemed him "untrainable" as he was like 9 or so years old at the time. They told us that they would need to euthanize him (put him down) if we decided not to take him home... So ok fine... we paid for his neutering, and had our dog back. Jack was actually adopted after a little while... and now we have found him again! I think if the lady gave us the option to take him back, I would say OH MY GOSH YES! But I know that giving him to a family that has a large yard and another dog for him to run around w/ is still the best choice for Jack, but I am so thankful that the Lord answered an unsaid prayer... And gave Ben the chance to see Jack again, and cuddle and pet him. The coolest part about this whole thing, is that the woman gave Ben her name and number because Ben offered to help her re-train him! So, we are going to call her soon, and she said that I am more then welcome to come over to her place in Oconomowoc, and see my puppy! I am so extremely excited!
We are having such a good time spending time with Adam and Kelly. I really wish they didn't need to go back to their normal lives on Saturday. It is wierd because I can't help but think of that and get sad... I am so excited for the rest of the time we get to spend together! I need to not think about them leaving again though because I am already sad for Saturday! Part of it for me, is that last time we have made plans to see each other again... And this time, we haven't! Not yet at least... ;( Anyhow, that is all for now... gotta get to cleanin!
Peace!

3 comments:

andy stenz said...

with God there is no coincidence :-)

that's really a great story. i'm happy you guys get to see jack again!

peace to you and the stoaks.

The Wilcox Family said...

Wow when i looked at the pic of him i was like that dog looks like Jack! Dont tell me they got him back!:) haha
Wow that is so cool that Ben got to see him and to see that he is doing so great! Also it will be good for you all to go over to see that you did do the best thing for him and you:)
Love ya guys and see you friday!
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.