Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Grandma!

Our Grandma turned 86 today.... which is super cool. We took her out for lunch and then to her favorite place... walmart! I hope she enjoyed herself a bit w/ it!
I covenanted with New Vision Brethren in Christ church this morning. I am excited to covenant and actually be a member, so my vote counts during elections and whatnot, but truely I have been a dedicated member for a long time, so it doesn't make much of a difference, but the thing was that I had to stand up and give my testimony to everyone... it was so daunting. I wasn't nervous because I prayed for the Lord to guide my speech, so of course I had nothing prepared! I asked the pastor if I could be at the end of the line because I wanted to be the shortest story possible. Well I ended up standing like third to last (there were 7 new members joining today) which was OK, and Amanda was standing next to me, and all of a sudden while she was giving her testimony, I could feel my heart pounding, and my arms getting tingly, then I was worried I was going to pass out! I made it through, SUPER fast, with a trembly voice, but nevertheless covenanted with the BIC. Our head pastor gave us his resignation last week, so I am not sure what is up with the future for our church, but I really don't know what is in store for the future of our family either... This week is going to be considerably dull for us since last week was packed full of fun w/ our friends, but it is getting really really gorgeous outside, and since I am planning to lose about 10 lbs before my sister in law's wedding, I need to get a move on it! (hopefully the dress won't need to be altered, hey Em? just kiddin, no worries ;)) So, this evening the kids and I (oh and Max) took a walk down the huge hill to the park where we played for a little while, and then walked back up the hill and played outside for awhile. I am so thankful for that... being able to spend time with the kids outside and in the fresh air, instead of in the apartment! Last week, I ordered Birkenstocks (my link thingy in Blogger isn't working so I will just copy and paste my new sandals here : http://www.originalcomfortsandals.com/birkenstock_sandals/milanohntrbrwnlth.htmlhttp://www.originalcomfortsandals.com/birkenstock_sandals/milanohntrbrwnlth.html, which I am SO incredibly excited about! I love my Teva's that I bought last summer, and I got another pair of black plain Teva's, but both of my best girl friends, love their Birks, so I got some! Anyhow so that is exciting to me...
I finished the book of Numbers this weekend, and am now starting to read Acts, along with reading some of the Psalms per day... it is really exciting to me to start a new book of the Bible. Not that reading the actual book isn't fun, but I mean it gives me a sence of accomplishment, which is really cool. I have read Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Esther, Song of Songs, Matthew, Mark, Romans, and Ecclesiastes. I have my first meeting with my mentor this week on Wednesday and I am so excited to be able to get some good Bible reading tips from Joanne, and encouragment, because that is the type of person she is... I am so excited. Oh and on Wednesday also, I start with New Vision's worship team. That should be exciting because my inlaws are lead worship at NV, so it will be like singing w/ Sherry and Neal again, which I haven't done in a very long time. I am hoping that this helps to grow my faith, as well as help me get over my stage freight, which I realized today is serious! Oh my goodness!
Well I suppose that is long enough for today...
Peace!

0 comments: