Saturday, April 12, 2008

Terrible Two's?

Lately, my little boy has decided that he has a mind of his own, and he isn't afraid to say things like it is... I mean that isn't bad, but sometimes he says things that are... well outspoken, I suppose is a good word. I am not sure if it is terrible two's, or what, but I know that he has been having issues with me lately. He has always kind of been more a daddy's boy, but lately, it has been to the extreme. Last night he took a digger, and freaked at me when I tried to help him. He screamed and yelled at me, and I was caught off guard with it. So, instead of comforting, I ended up scolding because he was being so naughty to me. Well Ben is so wonderful in these times, and always is impressing me with how he handles these types of situations. He made sure that Wyatt was Ok from his fall, and then he talked to him about how it is not nice to treat Mommy the way he did. So, ultimately, he ended up appologizing to me, and that actual same incident happened later at night, right before bedtime. I am not sure if the situation would have occured differently if my husband wasn't around? I am kind of saddened over this because my boy has decided to kind of be cranky to me. I am not sure if this is just a phase, or what is up with it, but please pray for patience for me in this, it is a whole new thing for me. He is a very good boy, super well behaved, so much so that I am mostly suprised at him and how well he listens. That hasn't changed, it is just that he would rather say things like "I don't like you" or something of the sort. I am trying so hard to explain things to him, and tell him that it hurt my feelings when he said that to me, and such. I just don't know how to handle this stage, any thoughts?

1 comments:

The Wilcox Family said...

hey sara hang in there!! It is very common for a child at the ages of fiffteen months to three and a half to even four years old to be acting like this! Remember that allow was a very peaceful two year old and now is telling Anne that she doesn't love her that she loves me more! Its the fact that he realizes that now he can tell you what he feels. Remember that he may say things hurtful but in his mind he is just mad but still Loves his mommy! He doesn't understand that words hurt. Ben was right to explain calmly that he hurt you but you do the same:) also keep calm! I would tell Allie that she made my heart sad! That seems to work and she felt bad that sunnys heart was sad! Remember that"gentle hands" and gentle words" are important! Tell him that sorry, I love you, you are my friend etc... Are all gentle words then hugs and kisses are good too:) Keep up the great work you have been doing with him and Ada and remember no matter what he tells you that he loves you!!!!! Talk to you tomorrow! Emily